HSL is to run a 1 day course on The Way Forward – Excelling in Health and Safety Culture and Leadership.
19 July 2017
- Have your reached a plateau in health and safety
- Do you have an understanding of how good your health and safety
- Do you understand the impact of leadership on your health and
- Are you seeking to improve how your business leads on health
- How confident are you in your ability to lead others to achieve
health and safety cultural excellence?
What sort of leader are you? A variety of terms are used to
describe the best leadership style: transactional,
transformational, authentic, and resonant, to name a few. But what
do these terms mean and which is the best?
HSL have undertaken research in the field of health and safety
leadership, which identifies it as requiring a distinct set of
competencies. Drawing on HSL’s expertise as psychologists and human
factors experts, this event will help you develop your
understanding of these competencies. Coupled with an understanding
of what excellent health and safety culture looks like, this event
will help you in driving a consistent approach to health and safety
leadership within your business.
This event will:
- Explore delegates’ views on what health and safety culture is,
reflecting on the importance of a just culture and the need to
aspire towards becoming a high reliability organisation
- Define health and safety culture, reflecting on psychological,
behavioural and situational components
- Safety culture and your business: enable you to understand the
factors that can influence the development of a positive health and
- Know how important it is to have an effective health and safety
- Consider methods that you might use to assess HS culture
and climate, including the use of KPIs, SPIs, leading and lagging
- Know how important leadership is for health and safety
- Identify the key health and safety values and associated
standards required for effective health and safety leadership
introducing HSL’s evidence based leadership model
- Give you an opportunity to reflect on your own leadership style
and identify specific competencies
 that you feel you need to meet the identified
You will leave the event with the knowledge required to reflect
and enhance your own leadership skills, influence those of others
and positively influence your organisation’s health and safety
culture and therefore business performance.
The event will be delivered by HSL consultants/trainers who are
experts in the field of health and safety culture and leadership.
The trainers will draw upon their experiences of working with a
variety of industries and organisational sizes both within the UK
Who should attend?
Those with responsibility at any level for leading and managing
in the field of health and safety e.g. Chief executives, HS
Directors, Operations Directors, HR managers, HS managers,
The cost of this course is £450 per person (includes course
notes, lunch and refreshments).
 Competency refers to the knowledge, skills, attitudes and
Please note the invoice option is not available within 4
weeks of the course date, or for overseas customers. If you
are selecting the invoice option for payment, it will be mandatory
to input a purchase order/reference number as we are unable to
process booking forms without this.
For further dates and additional information email: email@example.com
or contact the Training Conferences Unit
at HSL directly on +44 (0)1298 218806.