Date of publication:
£5.00 per pack of 5 leaflets
Download a free copy
Who is this guidance for?
This new tool is aimed at those responsible for health and safety in workplaces – employers, managers and safety representatives.
- This tool will help you identify high-risk pushing and pulling operations and check the effectiveness of any risk-reduction measures.
- There are two types of pulling and pushing operations you can assess using this tool:
- moving loads on wheeled equipment, such as hand trolleys, pump trucks, carts or wheelbarrows;
- moving loads without wheels, which might involve actions such as dragging/sliding, churning (pivoting and rolling) and rolling.
- For each type of assessment there is a flow chart, an assessment guide and a score sheet. The flow charts provide an overview of the risk factors and assessment process, while the assessment guides provide information to help you determine the level of risk for each factor.
Article source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg478.htm