Date and location
1 December 2015, ETC Venues, Marble Arch, Edgware Road, London W2 2EA
This one-day course gives you the knowledge to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises to the standards required by Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR 2012). It also applies to the management of domestic premises.
The course will cover:
- The health effects of asbestos
- Dutyholders and their responsibilities
- Asbestos legislation and guidance
- The extent of asbestos-containing materials in buildings
- Commissioning and understanding asbestos surveys
- Assessing risks and formulating a management plan
- Managing minor work with asbestos
- Commissioning and scrutinising asbestos removal firms
- Communication plans for asbestos management
Who should attend?
Anyone with duties under Regulation 4 of CAR 2012 – Management of Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises. People have duties if they are responsible for repair or maintenance of non-domestic premises or access to them. This can include employers, self-employed people and building owners. The course is also suitable for landlords with similar responsibilities for managing risks from asbestos in rented domestic premises.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the Managing asbestos in domestic and non-domestic premises course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.