Date and location
1 December 2015, ETC Venues Marble Arch – Garfield House,
86 Edgeware Road, London W2 2EA
Vehicle movements and loading and unloading vehicles can be some of the most dangerous activities carried out on a worksite.
This course will help you understand the legal requirements of both road traffic law and workplace safety law, how and why things go wrong, and how you can take practicable steps to reduce risk in your business.
What will the course will cover?
- Background for load securing
- Legal principles and UK and European requirements
- Use of the vehicle structure for load securing
- Lashing loads for safe road transport
- Responsibility and communication in the transport chain
- Working at height and fall prevention
- Vehicle/pedestrian separation and preventing incidents
- Risk assessment and systems of work for loading and transport
Who should attend?
Site managers and transport managers working in general haulage, retail, warehousing and distribution.
Further information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the Site and Transport Safety event page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.
Article source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/events/hsl-site-and-transport-safety.htm