Date and location
2 December 2015, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9JN
The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015 (COMAH) impose duties on establishments holding in storage or process quantities of hazardous materials above thresholds defined for each substance. Those establishments where the quantities exceed the lower of the thresholds are known as Lower Tier Establishments.
This course identifies the COMAH duties for Lower Tier establishments and what needs to be done to comply with them. It also explains the duties that fall to the Competent Authority (CA) and Local Government.
The course will cover:
- An introduction to the major hazards regulatory regime
- COMAH application, including the aggregation rules, duties and notification to the CA
- The Major Accident Prevention Policy, what it should and should not contain
- Understanding your risk profile
- Controlling your risks
- Roles and responsibilities for compliance
- Delivering the Safety Management System
- Mitigatory actions
Who should attend?
Managers/supervisors of new lower tier COMAH establishments, those moving into managerial roles at existing LT establishments and those wanting to refresh their understanding of COMAH.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the COMAH: Compliance for Lower Tier Establishments course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.