Date and location
3 December 2014, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9JN
This course identifies the COMAH duties for Lower Tier establishments and what needs to be done to comply with them. It also explains the duties that fall to the Competent Authority (CA) and Local Government. Finally an introduction is provided to the SEVESO III Directive that comes into force within the EU on 1 June 2015.
The course will cover:
- An introduction to the major hazards regulatory regime
- COMAH application, including the aggregation rules, duties and notification to the CA
- The Major Accident Prevention Policy, what it should and should not contain
- Understanding your risk profile
- Controlling your risks
- Roles and responsibilities for compliance
- Delivering the Safety Management System
- Mitigatory actions
- The SEVESO III Directive – what is changing?
Who should attend?
Managers/supervisors of new lower tier COMAH establishments, those moving into managerial roles at existing LT establishments and those wanting to refresh their understanding of COMAH.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the COMAH: Compliance for Lower Tier Establishments course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.