Date and location
4 December 2014, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9JN
The course will give an overview of the requirements of the new Directive and the timetable for implementation as revised COMAH regulations. It will also cover the potential changes in scope and how to determine the likely effects on a site by determining the GHS categories of substances. The presenters have been providing scientific advice to the UK team which negotiated Seveso III for several years.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to the changes likely to be introduced by Seveso III
- Alignment of Seveso III with GHS
- Aggregation rules
- What might this mean for the UK and for you?
- How to determine GHS category for acute toxicity
- How to determine GHS category for environmental hazards (M factor method)
Who should attend?
Safety managers and those responsible for compliance with the COMAH Regulations should attend. This would include existing COMAH top tier and lower tier sites, and also sites which are currently outside of COMAH but may have potential to come into scope.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the COMAH: The new Seveso III Directive and GHS course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.