Date and location
22 – 23 September 2015, ETC Venue marble Arch, Garfield House,
86 Edgeware Road, London W2 2EA
This two day course gives detailed and practical training on carrying out COSHH assessments and, crucially, putting the assessment into practice to control substances hazardous to health.
Many people tasked with COSHH assessments are unsure what is required or where to get information. Once the initial assessment is complete, they are often uncertain on how to approach control, and how to judge when control is adequate. This course aims to give that knowledge and those skills.
What will the course cover?
- Hazardous substances and risks from over exposure
- COSHH regulations and what they mean in practice
- Guidance and finding information
- Assessments and action plans
- Adequate control, understanding limits, the principles of good control practice
- Hierarchy of control and reliability
- Reducing exposure by process change and substitution
- Choosing and using effective LEV
- Choosing and using RPE
- Skin and ingestion exposure
- Choosing and using PPE
Who should attend?
The course will benefit anyone tasked with completing COSHH assessments and/or implementing controls, whether for the first time or to improve skills. This will typically include managers and supervisors and safety officers, plus other health and safety professionals looking to refresh or update their skills.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the COSHH Training – Practical Assessment and Control event page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.