Date and location
Thursday, 19 November 2015, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton,
Derbyshire SK17 9JN
This course explains the duties that DSEAR places on employers and the actions needed to comply with them. It focuses particularly on the assessment of risks and the application of controls to both minimise and mitigate those risks.
What will the course cover?
- The legal duties
- Assessing the risks from dangerous substances
- Controlling and mitigating the risks
- The safety management system to deliver DSEAR
- Explosive atmospheres – determining their extent and type
- Controlling the risks from specific processes
Who should attend?
Managers and supervisors of process plant and operations, where dangerous substances are used or stored, who need to understand how to manage the risks from dangerous substances within the framework of the DSEAR duties.
Further information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the DSEAR Compliance for Managers and Supervisors event page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.