Date and location
Tuesday 17 November 2015, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton,
Derbyshire SK17 9JN
HSL undertakes a variety of scientific and engineering work across a whole range of disciplines related to fire fighters, the specialist kit they use and some of the situations they have to deal with. This programme has been based on the feedback that we received following the very successful Open Day that took place during November 2014.
It is an opportunity for you to come and meet our experts, discuss common issues and learn more about the work we can do with you.
the programme will cover the following:
- Achieving Safety Culture Excellence: A case study approach
- Breathing apparatus and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) incident investigation including thermal stress issues in full fire fighting PPE
- Management of incidents including preservation of incident material, risk management and laser scanning of incident sites
- Human factors aspects of accident and incident investigations
- Acetylene cylinder explosion in a boxed van
- Use of high speed cameras to evaluate hose branches and domestic sprinklers
- Tour of HSL’s facilities including ergonomics, falls and preventions, and the engineering workshops
Further information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the Fire and Rescue Open Day web page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.