Date and location
11 February 2015, Bristol (Venue TBC)
This course will help you understand the design features of stairs which can give rise to a risk of falling, and identify simple remedial improvements to reduce the likelihood of a fall. By the end of the course, you will have the knowledge and skills to assess stairs in your own premises, and identify examples of good and bad practice.
The course will cover:
- How to undertake a stair fall assessment
- Common design issues that give rise to a risk of falls on stairs
- Examples of HSL stair investigations and the findings
- Simple tools for assessing common stair features (stair assessment tools will be provided to take away as part of the training)
- An opportunity for you to assess stairs yourself and discuss with the expert
Who should attend?
Anyone who is interested in understanding falls on stairs or who has responsibility for managing health and safety.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the Training in Bristol course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.
Article source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/events/hsl-stair-assessment.htm