Institute of Safety in Technology and Research AGM and Summer Symposium
Date and location
Tuesday 30th June and Wednesday 1st July 2015,
Rendell Building, The University of Liverpool, Bedford Street South, Liverpool, L69 7ZQ
The equipment used by scientists in our institutions may be purchased new or quite often modified or even built from scratch. It may be incorporated into existing equipment to create new experimental conditions such as changes in temperature or pressure, or facilitate a new analytical technique. BUT is it safe ?
The speakers at the symposium will explain the requirements for safe design, use and disposal of equipment and workshops will explore practical arrangements we can make.
- Catherine Hardy, Health and Safety Executive. Member of the team responsible for safe supply and use of equipment at work.
- Martin Keay, Ensure’s senior consultant. Has 18 years experience as an expert witness on machinery
safety cases and wrote the BS guidance on designing machinery for higher education.
- Kathryn Grant, solicitor for the University of Manchester. Has first hand experience dealing with
- Andy Kidd, Chief Engineer for the RSA Engineering Inspection Consultancy Business.
- Jon Mossman, Faculty of engineering and physical sciences project manager, University of Manchester. (which includes disposal of redundant equipment).
Information and booking
The symposium is aimed primarily for those who work in science and technology but will be of wider interest and all are welcome.
For further information, programme details and booking details visit the ISTR website. Alternatively, you can email the events secretary or telephone (+44) 0 1628 634523.
Article source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/events/istr.htm