A man running a plumbing and heating company has been fined for safety failings that led to the householder’s gas appliances being put “At Risk”.
Birmingham Crown Court heard how John Glover installed gas appliances and arranged for a person to help who was not authorised to do so.
John Glover, of Brome Hall Lane, Lapworth, Solihull, was fined a total of £695, and ordered to pay £300 in costs after pleading guilty to an offence under Section 37(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
For more information about gas safety log onto the website at http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/
Notes to Editors:
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. It aims to reduce work-related death, injury and ill health. It does so through research, information and advice, promoting training, new or revised regulations and codes of practice, and working with local authority partners by inspection, investigation and enforcement. www.hse.gov.uk.
Further HSE news releases are available at www.press.hse.gov.uk