Date and location
26 March 2015, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton,
Derbyshire, SK17 9JN
This course will explain the importance of fit testing, the responsibilities of employers and introduce the various fit testing methods. Practical sessions will cover the essential skills of pre-use checking and correct donning of facepieces, before going on to provide opportunity to practice fit testing using the 2 methods which are extensively and almost exclusively in use in the UK.
The course includes:
- Understanding the importance of fit testing
- Principles of fit testing methods
- Essential pre-use checking and correct donning of facemasks
- Responsibilities of employers and fit testers
- Qualitative fit testing using Bitrex or Saccharin
- Quantitative fit testing using the Portacount
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at individuals who are new to or relatively new to practical fit testing and those with responsibility for correct selection of respiratory protection.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the RPE FIT Test Introduction course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.
Article source: http://www.hse.gov.uk/events/hsl-rpe-fit-test-introduction.htm