Please note this course is replacing the COMAH: The new Seveso III Directive and GHS course
Date and location
9 March 2016, Health and Safety Laboratory, Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9JN
The course will give an overview of the requirements of the new Regulations. It will also cover the potential changes in scope brought about by the CLP classifications, how to determine the CLP classification of chemicals and how to apply the COMAH aggregation rules to determine the COMAH status of a site. The presenters have been providing scientific advice to the UK team which negotiated the SEVESO III Directive implemented in the UK by the COMAH 2015 Regulations.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to the COMAH 2015 Regulations highlighting the major changes to the scope introduced by the application of CLP
- Alignment of COMAH 2015 with CLP
- How to determine CLP category for acute toxicity – pure substances and mixtures
- How to determine GHS category for environmental hazards (M factor method)
- The application of the aggregation rules
- A classification and aggregation exercise
Who should attend?
Safety managers and those responsible for compliance with the COMAH Regulations should attend. This would include existing COMAH upper tier and lower tier sites, and also sites which were outside of scope of the COMAH 1999 Regulations but may have potential to come into scope of the new regulations.
Information and booking
A full programme and online booking form can be found on the COMAH: The application of CLP and Aggregation in the COMAH 2015 Regulations course page. Alternatively, you can email HSL Training or call 01298 218806.