A self-employed worker from Glossop has been fined for unsafe gas work.
North Derbyshire Magistrates’ Court heard how David Kenyon removed a gas oven at a property in King Cup Close, Glossop. This resulted in a gas leak due to the lack of proper gas tight capping.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) into the incident which occurred on 12 May 2015 found that David Kenyon was not Gas Safe registered.
David Kenyon, of Gloucester Way, Glossop, Derbyshire, pleaded guilty to breaching Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, and Regulation 3(3) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, and was fined £480 and ordered to pay costs of £1,656.
For further information on gas safety visit: http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/
Notes to Editors:
- The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. It aims to reduce work-related death, injury and ill health. It does so through research, information and advice, promoting training; new or revised regulations and codes of practice, and working with local authority partners by inspection, investigation and enforcement. www.hse.gov.uk
- More about the legislation referred to in this case can be found at: www.legislation.gov.uk/
- HSE news releases are available at http://press.hse.gov.uk
Article source: http://press.hse.gov.uk/2016/worker-fined-for-unsafe-gas-work/